Dr. H. Zack Smith has practiced orthodontics in Fayetteville since 1977 and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, which is the oldest examining board in dentistry. It is his goal to provide each patient with the orthodontic care he or she deserves, so it leads to the smile the person has always wanted.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in pharmacy – UNC-Chapel Hill
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – UNC-Chapel Hill
- Certificate in orthodontics – UNC-Chapel Hill
- Master of Science in orthodontics – UNC-Chapel Hill
In school, Dr. Smith was accepted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and earned considerable recognition, including the Pfeiffer Fellow Honorary Research Award, the Second District Research Award, and the UNC Dental School Award for Orofacial Development. Dr. Smith has served as a teaching assistant at the UNC School of Dentistry and been a guest lecturer at Fayetteville Technical Community College.
- American Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Greater Fayetteville Dental Society, past president
- Cape Fear Orthodontic Study Club, president
- Foundation for Advanced Research and Training
- UNC Orthodontic Alumni Association, past president
Outside the Office
Dr. Smith grew up in Lumberton, and his wife, June Marie, is from Elizabethtown. They have two daughters, Wellesley and Patton. Dr. Smith’s hobbies include watching football and basketball games, jogging, water skiing, and scuba diving.
He serves as an elder at Highland Presbyterian Church, is the president of the Cape Fear Area Scottish Clan Association, and is past President of the Fayetteville chapter of the Educational Foundation. Additionally, Dr. Smith is involved with the St. Andrews Society of North Carolina, Fayetteville Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Association of the US Army.